Last updated: 22 May 2018
We are Link Parking Ltd a car park management company.
This policy explains how we will use any personal data (i.e. information about you and your vehicle) we collect from you, or that you provide to us, in order to provide you with parking services under our parking contract with you. This policy should be read together with our parking and payment terms which can be found on our car park signage.
What data is processed?
When you use a car park managed by us by entering and remaining on site, we may capture your details including vehicle registration mark and your activity in the parking area via parking attendants and/or via payment terminals and associated payment services providers. The data gathered is needed to determine your compliance with the parking and payment terms of your parking contract with us.
However when contact us, in writing, electronic correspondence and via the telephone you are providing personal data. This will be processed in accordance with this policy.
What is the purpose of processing personal data?
In order to provide effective car park management, to improve the parking experience for users, we obtain, use and where necessary share (see below) personal data in a appropriate way and in accordance with data protection law for the following purposes to:
• Ensure you comply with the parking contract, pursuing sums due and asserting legal rights.
• Prevent and detect crime
• Analyse vehicle numbers and repeat visits
What is the lawful basis for processing personal data?
Our lawful basis for processing personal data are: that it is:
• Contract - Processing is necessary for the performance of the parking contract to which you entered into when remaining on land we manage
• Legitimate Interests - Processing is required to protect and enable pursuit of legitimate interests in ensuring the car park is effectively managed, obtaining sums
due and promoting the safety and security of the car park and helping the prevention and detection of crime.
Who do we share data with?
We only share data in a way that is appropriate to the purposes explained above and safeguard your data through agreements that we must have with all those we share data with. This means that the data is only to be used appropriately and is held securely and confidentially. We do not share information about you or vehicle with anyone other than the organisations listed below:
Where a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) is issued under the parking and payment terms of the parking contract, the PCN may be placed on the vehicle or sent to the registered keeper of the vehicle by post. In both cases we may request the registered keeperís details from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA). We may provide the DVLA with data captured by our cameras or our parking attendants.
Where necessary in relation to a PCN we may share data about the registered keeper (name, address, registration number, details of the parking contravention
including movements within the parking area) with:
• Agents who act on our behalf such as legal advisors including those who collect sums due such as debt recovery agents;
• Our Accredited Trade Associations and independent parking appeals services in relation to dealing with PCN queries, complaints and appeals
• Landowners, managing agents and tenants of land within which we manage car parks
• Authorised agents such as mail, email, print, IT, business process and payment service providers, credit reference agencies and collection
• agents who are all GDPR compliant.
• Where necessary for the purposes of preventing or detecting crime, we may share or be requested to share data about you or your vehicle with the police or other
Security of your Data
We will keep all your information including DVLA keeper details, your written and electronic correspondence and telephone messages securely and confidentially.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will store your personal data for no longer than necessary to support the purposes explained above. We keep the personal data we hold about you for up to a maximum of 6 years from the date of collection unless related correspondence or legal claims are on-going.
In relation to the personal data which we may hold about you, you have the following rights to:
Be informed how we process your data as explained above
Understand and have access to the information we hold about you
Ask us to
• Rectify information about you that is incorrect
• Delete (erase) information about you
• Restrict how we process your information
• Transfer your data in an accessible electronic format
• Object to our processing of your information
• Complain to us via our contact details below
• Complain to the data regulator the Information Commissionerís office (ICO) via www.ico.org.uk
Subject Access Request
Under data protection law we must verify your identity before carrying out your request or supplying any information and provide you with an explanation if we do not agree with your request. Once your identity has been confirmed we will respond to your request within one calendar month.
Contact details and further information
If you would like more information about how we process your data or if you wish to assert any of your rights set out above please contact our data protection privacy team by: